365 : on top of my dresser
This photo gives you a bit of a sneak peek of my handmade Christmas gift from Andrew. It’s a gorgeous cedar jewelry box with grey wool felt lining. What you see is only a fraction of it, as it is about three feet long. The poor daytime lighting has prevented me from getting good detailed shots that show it off properly, but I’m working on it!
Also in this photo:
address file by lovely design
ceramic vase by nesting emily
crochet stone by resurrection fern
‘judy’ silkscreen print by alanna cavanagh
bunny drawing by sarah mcneil
wood + thread artwork by rosalyn faustino
benjamin bunny by old weston handmade wonders
I waited all summer for my hibiscus plant to bloom and finally it did! Next year I’m going to make sure I plant more flowers. I should start this fall by planting some bulbs, which I say I’m going to do every year but never do.
Today is the official start of fall. My mind seems to be preoccupied these days with thoughts of making fall-appropriate clothing and getting mentally prepared for holiday gift making. Is it too soon?
- i must be thinking about fall. i’m sewing black clothing and wanting black shoes. like these.
- you can never have enough terrariums. it might be time for me to make another!
- i’ve been thinking a lot about making a skirt with a zipper down the front… this one has two!
- clever becky is sharing her security envelope project with the world in fabric form
- coolest pockets i’ve seen – navy blue draped pocket dress (with pink cardigan!)
- lovely design has reprinted her beautiful conifers & beautiful leaves posters! i can complete my set now.
- how a sewing machine works. very enlightening animation.
- i miss fashion week. Karen Walker‘s S/S 2010 collection is full of fun prints.
- loving the cape, but those shoes!!! WOW.
- skirt inspiration in blue
I don’t remember how long the Lovely Design address file has been on my wish list. Perhaps about 8 years? I remember that I first saw it in a magazine when I was living in New York. I knew that I had to have one.
Over the years, I have remembered this address file many times and tried to purchase it repeatedly, but it was always sold out and then it went out of production. Finally, a few months ago, I saw that Sharilyn was going to be making them again and I emailed her to get onto the waiting list.
It finally arrived last week, well packed in colourful paper scraps and it’s just perfect.
I have her Beautiful Leaves of Canada poster. I just need to have it framed. I also noticed that the Beautiful Conifers of Canada poster might be available soon and I’m going to snatch up one of those too.