I was tagged a couple weeks ago by Leslie. It’s actually the first time I’ve been tagged and I wasn’t too sure what else there is that you don’t already know about me by now, except…
1. While I lived in New York, I designed Joan Collins‘ family holiday card one year. She was a friend of a friend. I met with her several times in person (She was really very nice) and put together a montage of photos of her children, her new husband and her. Actually Joan designed the card and I was just the hand that clicked the mouse. She also specified a very gothic font and a red gradient background to top it off. Eight hundred copies of the card were printed and mailed out to all her dearest celebrity friends and family. Let your imagination go crazy with this one, as it will never see the light of day through me.
2. I do no use an alarm to wake up. I used to have to drag myself out of bed every morning after hitting the snooze button thirty times. About four years ago, I just started waking up automatically early in the morning. Just like that, literally overnight my eyes just started popping open early in the morning. It’s harder in the winter with less light, but having a couple hours in the morning to start my day is so lovely. (although somehow I still end up running late for work)
4. I really enjoy movies with monkey characters in them. Especially older ones. My favourites include: The Barefoot Executive (with Kurt Russell) and Monkey Business (with Marilyn Monroe & Cary Grant). I still haven’t seen Monkeys Go Home and I really want to.
4. I keep a photographic pillow journal.
5. I was terrified of public speaking when I was in elementary school. Every year when ‘speech time’ rolled around, I would dutifully write a speech and every year, I would be ‘sick’ on the day I was supposed to give my speech. My grade eight teacher wouldn’t let me get away with this trick and forced me to do my speech in front of the class. I cried through the entire speech, so I doubt anyone could understand a word I said.
6. One of my favourite things to do is have a bowl of ice cream in bed before I go to sleep. Actually, I just like eating in bed. Sweet things are best – pie, candy, jello or cake.
I’m sure I’m supposed to tag someone else, but how about any of you sharing just one thing that I don’t know about you? That seems fair.