The week before last, Andrew and I took some time off work and enjoyed a week staycation here in Toronto. We had decided that rather than travel somewhere, we would relax at home and enjoy the city. We had a great time checking out great new restaurants, many of which are walking distance from our house!
Here are some highlights from our week off:
- Blue Plate : We went here for both a dinner and a brunch and enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere.
- Universal Grill : An old favourite that we had forgotten about on Dupont.
- Zocalo : Awesome new place that opened up at Bloor & Symington. Great food and service.
- We watched ‘Scott Pilgrim’. Perfect Toronto-centric movie.
- June Harlow : Very new restaurant at Dupont and Edwin with wonderful food. Their dessert menu includes freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and homemade smores.
- Bloordale Pantry : We’ve been here multiple times now for their brunch. Delicious.
- Yasi’s : They sell Kawartha Dairy ice cream and they are half a block from our house. Danger.
- I made a Vanilla Peach Pie with lattice crust!!!
- Lots of walks on the West Toronto Rail Path. One of our favourite things about our neighbourhood right now.
- A visit to see Andrew’s brother, Mike at the organic farm he’s living/working on. We were sent home with a load of amazing produce.
- I made zucchini bread! with part of a zucchini from the farm.