Last year I got Andrew’s dad & grandfather some fishing lure for Christmas. These jigheads have a super sharp hook, so I thought it would be cute to sew up little fabric fish from scraps and safely hook these little guys into them before wrapping them up. It was something I did at the very last minute, but I think it looks so cute!
For some other ideas, I thought I would just point you in the direction of my holiday posts from last year, since I can’t really share this year’s ideas just yet.
- a simple linen apron, you can’t go wrong
- every year I pick one thing to make multiples of, last year was the year of the snap coin purse
- for some quick wrapping – sew your gifts into paper
- easily personalize your handmade items with a typewritten fabric label
- another great use for scraps – patchwork potholders
- family photos are a great way to mark the end of the year
A couple people have mentioned to me that they’ve made some of the French Chocolate Granola for gifts. I personally think food gifts are awesome.