365 : bedside table
Happy New Year! I’ve just had three seriously relaxing (& luxurious) days off. They were much needed! Everyone is abuzz about doing the 365 photo project and I’ve decided to join in. This is just the push I need to start taking more photographs this year, hopefully with people in them, sometimes. I wish I took better people photos. I know that Anabela is doing it, any one else out there embarking on the challenge?
Perhaps now is a good time to share a few other goals I have for the coming year…
- decorate. i’d like to spend more time working on projects for the house & shop. this includes acquiring and especially hanging more artwork. this also includes a very big project of re-doing the workroom’s couch in natural dyed fabrics. (with help from erin)
- journal. (offline) i used to spend a lot of time working on a visual diary and i really miss it. at the very least, i’ve started a project/fabric diary.
- grow. more herbs, vegetables and flowers. i also need to learn how to prune plants properly. i get scared to trim them and then they grow all wild and gangly.
- preserve. i just started getting into it last year with pickles, canning tomatos and jam, but there is so much more to try!
- quilt. especially hand quilting. i hope to start lots of fun quilting projects this year, but i especially want to finish this quilt. soon. ish.
- natural dye. i’m completely fascinated and want to do make all kinds of things from naturally dyed fabrics. i’ve also just learned about solar dyeing and it’s the most beautiful process!