All I have to say is, “Thank Goodness For City of Craft!”. In the couple days prior to the show, I was entering a holiday meltdown mood. I was really starting to freak out that I was so unprepared with only a week to go. I have only finished a few of my gifts and none of the major ones.
This year was the first year that I went to City of Craft with the sole purpose of shopping. The last few years, I had done a little workshop and had ten minutes to rush around the floor before heading back to the workroom to teach a class. This year I had about an hour, but I could have stayed for twice as long.
The vendors were really incredible! I had a very hard time making my final selections as I had given myself a set budget for spending. But I was able to pick up some great Christmas gifts and a few special treats for myself.
Congratulations! to Becky and everyone City of Craft-related on a wonderful show. Next year I will allot even more time, so I can spend even more money! If I can’t make all my gifts, it feels great to buy gifts from such talented locals.
Details on the fun goodies I picked up:
Watermelon Pair by The Maple Ridge
– these guys are for me! i could not resist these matching figures, especially since they were holding watermelons. Becky told me that Andrew Zangerle was just about to give up on making these figures before doing City of Craft. Please don’t let that happen, they are too awesome.
Mini Blackboard Necklace by Killside Krafts
– okay, this is also for me. Melodie laser cuts her books and cute accessories at the workroom. These mini blackboard necklaces are perfect for someone who loves anything blackboard.
Pin Cushion by Needlebook
– um, this is also for me. I have a few other items by Claire and you can just feel the love crafted into them.
Ceramic Heart Brooch by Julie Moon
– This is a gift for Andrew’s mom. I could easily purchase one of everything Julie makes.
Glow in the Dark T-Shirt by Hieng Tang
– This is a gift for my brother. He loves t-shirts and monsters and you can’t go wrong with something that also glows in the dark!
Asparagus Brooch by Denture Thief Productions
– Oh dear, this is for me.
Cat Tea Towels by Lines by Davis
– This is another gift for Andrew’s mom. I’ve long admired Davis’ cat pillow, so I was really excited to see a tea towel version.
This really shows you what happens when I go out shopping for gifts… 50% for me and 50% for others. Luckily, I don’t get out much! I’m working away on making the rest of my gifts and will post those photos soon-ish.