I’ve been wanting to perfect a pattern for a simple, loose t-shirt. Similar to the one tie-dyed logwood t-shirt that I made in the summer, but a bit more refined.
I found a couple metres of this purple jersey in one of my boxes of fabric. Score! I have a really fancy jersey fabric that I don’t want to mess up, so I’m happy that I tried this purple version as a prototype. I’m going to make a few small changes to my pattern – drop the underarm to make the sleeve deeper and more ‘flow-y’ and make the neck less wide and slightly higher so that it doesn’t fall off my shoulders.
I love the finished neck band. It is one of my favourite tricks from the T-Shirt class. Plus, since this is sewn on a serger, it comes together so quickly. I made the pattern, cut it out and serged it together in a few hours. I hemmed the sleeves and bottom using our coverstitch machine. So professional.
If my next version turns out just right, I’m making a bunch! This tee + jeans = my fall uniform.